Driver Genius 12 Portable no need of serial key 2013:
Driver Genius can detect and quickly backup drivers installed on the system. It can compress the backup drivers to a zip file, self extracting file or an independent executable auto installer program.You should back up your drivers before reinstalling the operating system or updating drivers. To back up your drivers:
1. Click the 'Backup Drivers' icon. The program searches for all drivers installed in current system.
2. A list of installed drivers appears in the right window pane. To view details of a device driver, click the device in the list. The details are displayed in the window.
Current used Drivers
These drivers are currently being used on your computer. They need to be backed up.
Windows Original Drivers
These drivers are included in the Windows installation CD and are installed automatically during the Windows installation procedure. They normally do not need to be backed up.
Disconnected Devices Drivers
These drivers belong to devices which are not currently connected to your computer. If you want to use these devices in the future, their drivers must be installed on your PC. Therefore, you need to back them up. This is very important when installing drivers on a clean, newly-installed operating system.
3. Select the drivers that you want to back up and click 'Next'. By default all drivers will be backed up. This will take more time and disk space, so you may want to back up only the currently used drivers.
4. Select the Backup type. Driver Genius can back up drivers to a ZIP file, a self-extractor, or an Auto-Installer. Click the drop down menu -> Select the Backup type. Choose from the 4 options available. If you want to install drivers on multiple computers with the same configuration, we strongly recommend you should back up the drivers to an auto-installer. You can use the Auto-Installer to install drivers on a new system very quickly without Driver Genius, and thereby save lots of time.
5. Choose a location to save your driver backup files and click 'Next' to start the backup process.
Warning! Do not save the backup files in the partition where you install Windows. All data in that partition will be lost during the Windows installation process.
Using the command line to back up drivers
Driver Genius allows you to back up your drivers in command line mode.
Usage: DriverGenius.exe [/B|?] [/T|A] [/D|Z|E|I] Backup location
First parameter - Specifies the action
/? - Show help
/B - Backup drivers
Second parameter - Specifies which drivers you want to back up
/T - Third-Party drivers (Recommended)
/A - All drivers
Third parameter - Specifies the backup type
/D - Default backup type: backs up selected drivers to the specified folder.
/Z - Backs up selected drivers and sends them to a ZIP file.
/E - Backs up selected drivers and sends them to a self-extracting file.
/I - Backs up selected drivers and sends them to an Auto-Installer.
Fourth parameter - Specifies the backup location
C:\Driver-Soft\DriverGenius\DriverGenius.exe /B/T/I D:\DriversBackup.exe
You no longer need to install drivers one by one after reinstalling your Operating System. Just one click can install all your backed up drivers automatically. You can also install drivers via command line silently. If you need install drivers on multiple PC with the same hardware configuration, Driver Genius can save you a lot of time when reinstalling your systems.
1. Click the 'Restore Drivers' icon.
2. Select the backup record you want restore from the record list, then click 'Next'.
4. Click the 'Browse' button to choose the location for the backup file, then click 'Next'.
5. Now your backup files and their details will appear in the list. Select the driver you want to restore and click 'Next' to start restoring.
Note: We suggest you close all applications before restoration to avoid conflicts. Do not perform any operations during the restoration process. You will be prompted to restart your computer after restoration is complete. All your drivers will be installed and will then work correctly after the system reboot.
Restoring by the Auto-Installer
If you have backed up your drivers to an auto-installer, all you need to do is launch the .exe file, and select drivers in the list. Then click the 'Start Restore' button to start their installation. You can also perform an unattended installation by using the command line mode. Using Auto-Installer, you can also reinstall drivers on multiple computers that have the same configuration at one time. This is another time-saving feature of Driver Genius.
Command line usage: DriverBackup.exe /S/R
/S: Silent mode: restores all drivers automatically in silent mode. (No prompt dialog box appears.)
/R: Reboots the computer after the installation has completed.
Note: With the trial version, you can only restore drivers for video cards and network cards. This limitation will be removed after you register your software.
Are you still using an old or beta version drivers? Those faulty drivers may cause compatibility problems. They are the biggest hidden problem that cause systems to crash. A suitable drivers can improve system performance by 50% or even more. There are more than 30,000 device drivers in the database of Driver Genius, including Motherboard, Sound card, Video card, Network card, Modem, Mouse, Keyboard, Scanner, Printer and Digital devices etc. With one click, Driver Genius will work out all drivers that need updating. All drivers we offer are official versions or WHQL versions, you can use them without any compatibility worries.
Driver Genius can recognize over 80,000 devices and offer their latest driver versions. It can recognize devices even when you don't know their type. To update drivers:
1. Click the 'Update drivers' icon. The program will display all supported operating systems. Your current operating system is selected by default. You can also select other target operating systems to update drivers. This function can help you to prepare drivers before installing a different operating system version. It is very useful for some network cards whose drivers are lost or not included in target operating system.
2. Click 'Next' to automatically search for suitable drivers for your system. To view a driver's provider, date, version, digital signature and other details, right-click on the driver and select 'View Details'.
3. Select the driver you want to update and click the ‘Fix Now' button. The driver updates will be added to the Driver Download Manager.
Installed driver update
Unfinished download task
Resuming a download
If a download procedure failed because of a network problem or because it was stopped, you can resume the download where it left off. Just choose the 'Tools' menu --'Driver Download Manager' or click 'My Downloads'.
The default path for save driver updates
Windows 2000 & Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DriverGenius\Downloads
Windows Vista & Windows 7/8
Export and Import driver updates
You can export/ import the downloaded driver updates to/from a file by clicking the 'File' button. Driver Genius can import the update data to install new drivers again or continue downloading them after reinstalling the program.
Hiding driver updates
In our previous version Driver Genius, if you have installed the latest drivers for a device but this driver will still appears in the update list. This problem is caused by those big driver packages. The driver package contains multiple device drivers. Driver Genius determines whether the drivers should be updated or not by comparing the driver date and driver version in our current drivers database. But, there is more than one driver in some big driver installation package released by the hardware manufacturers. For example, Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility and VIA Hyperion Pro Driver include AGP controller, IDE controller and USB controller driver and so on. In this situation, Driver Genius is unable to determine whether the drivers are installed correctly or not.
To prevent downloading repeatedly, we hide those drivers after users install them by choosing 'install' button in Drivers Download Manager automatically since Driver Genius version 9. The program won't prompt to update those drivers until their newer version one released. Of course you can also restore them manually at anytime by click 'Tools' menu and select 'Restore Hidden Driver Updates' option.
Scheduled driver update scan
Click ‘Options' --- ‘Schedule' to define a schedule for the driver update scan.
The Driver Genius Task Scheduler will run when Windows loads and it will automatically run the driver update process and scan the update driver database at the preset time. When new driver updates are available, the program will prompt you to install them.
There may be some leftover drivers in your system because of changing hardware or updating drivers. Driver Genius can find these drivers that are no longer in use and quickly uninstall them.
To uninstall drivers using Driver Genius:
1. Click the 'Uninstall Drivers' icon. The program will search for all drivers installed in the system.Loaded drivers
Drivers that have been loaded by the system and are working properly.
Drivers that have been stopped by system. Drivers will not automatically be uninstalled just by removing the device hardware. These leftover drivers will stay in your system and slow down system performance.
Drivers that have not been installed correctly. You should uninstall them first, then install the correct drivers.
2. Select the drivers you want to uninstall and click 'Next' to uninstall them.
Warning: Never uninstall IDE Controller drivers or System device drivers. This will cause your system to crash.
We update a large numbers of drivers on our website everyday. You can synchronize your local Driver Genius database with the latest drivers by using our LiveUpdate program.
You can easily download the latest version driver database and software update from our website using LiveUpdate. Driver Genius will recognize more hardware and offer the newest version drivers after the update finishes. To start the update, click the 'LiveUpdate' icon.
Internet connection configuration for LiveUpdate.
View the LiveUpdate log.
LiveUpdate will not gather or send any information from your computer.
NOTE wait for 5 second for add to display and then click to skip add and download your file